Subject: RE: time for lunch?
From: "TJ" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Patty and Mike Finan'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:19:38 -0400

Patty-
   Many thanks on getting with me --- its been a bit hectic here, as the
drains on our Mezzanine roof at our main museum (former Carnegie Library)
backed up yesterday during the massive rains storms, and I have been dealing
with some water issues (more fuel for the Powerpoint ---- sigh).
   I'm figuring that lunch delivery should be sometime between 12:00 and 1
PM --- which allows for a decent break and some time to "talk". The
presentation at HSM's Up Conference I did worked very well that way.
    I have a very bass, almost monotone voice, so a PA system would be
helpful. I have a nice wireless mike here that I can bring along as well;
completely self contained , and works very well, too. Either way is fine,
though.
   The Powerpoint version should be fine. I'm debating about coming up on
Tuesday just to make sure that it works together, and to get a better idea
of the space --- but there shouldn't be a problem. I'm bringing it on a CD,
so my guess is that it should power up just fine. My bigger concern is our
digital projector --- it has been a bit tricky in the past, but most of the
time its a "reboot" issue so that the computer can pick up the projector
signal.
   Just a word about me and I guess what you could call "my style"; I'm less
a "sermon from the mount" kind of guy, and more a "I've/ we've been there,
let me show you how not to make the same mistakes." I tend to get excellent
examples from the audience that often are as good or better than mine ---
and with crowd (wow --- 24!) I have to think that it will be the same.

Thanks,

TJ

 	"There is a significant difference between a museum and a business. A
business looks first at the practical, or 'how can this item generate
income.' A museum, however, must look FIRST at the historic and educational
value, based on its mission statement.

T.J. Gaffney
Curator of Collections 	Port Huron Museum
1115 6th Street
Port Huron, MI 48060
[email-masked] 	tel:
fax: 	(810) 982-0891 Ext. 16
(810) 982-0053

Add me to your address book...	 Want a signature like this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Patty and Mike Finan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:27 PM
To: TJ Gaffney
Subject: time for lunch?

Hi TJ,

I just wanted to see when you would want lunch delivered? The caterer will
have it set up outside, weather permitting, and we'll have picnic tables to
eat at. Otherwise it will all be done in the church.

Also we have a PA system that I could hook up that has a lavalier or a
regular microphone. Would you want to use either or not use the PA system at
all? We'll have the tables set up in front and it will probably pretty cosy
but I will hook up whatever you want to use.

Also - what about the powerpoint version? Are we okay with that?

Thanks,
Patty
Patty Finan
Huron City Museums
7995 Pioneer Drive
Port Austin MI 48467
989 738-6007