Subject: Re: questions for you both
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 04:18:11 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/02 8:46:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Hi there!
>  
> We have official confirmation from Jane, Paula and Nichole! Most of the 
> "nos" have been contacted. I have the tour guides updated and printed, the 
> general information ready to go, a time line copied, possible name badges 
> done, a list of people's names and addresses, and the calendars. 

That is terrific!

>  
> Paula can't make it on Thursday for the training - Betsy can you be there 
> at Friday at 9:00 to go over things with her or do I need to come in for a 
> few hours? I would rather not, but will if you want me to. 

So far, can be there Friday, so I can train Paula.

>  
> I was going through the stuff to mention for training and I came up with 
> some questions. 
>  
> 1) Do we want to track sales by each person? I can set up a clerk # on the 
> cash register and we can punch it in once and it will log all that we do. 
> Just let me know and I will set it up.

I think that is a good idea. The cash register ought to be used to keep good 
records.  We can always change the policy if it turns out to be overkill.

>  
> 2) Has anyone replaced the batteries in the cash register? If not, we 
> probably need to do this. If the power goes out and the batteries aren't 
> good - all the year to date information is lost. I've plugged it in and 
> reset the date/time stuff so please leave it plugged in. It's turned off - 
> just move the switch under the cover to R1 or R2. We will probably need to 
> buy some ink - it is pretty faint on the paper.

I don't know when the batteries were last changed, so lets get it done.  Ink 
sounds like a mail order item?

>  
> 3) Do we want to give customers a receipt? If so, I'll mention that the 
> setting for the registers is always R2.

Receipts sound like a nice touch.  Get lots of ink tho.
 
> 
> 4) How do you want them to report their hours? Give them to me and I report 
> everyone's or do it individually? Just let me know what would work best for 
> you. 
> 

Katy should answer that one.
 
> 
> 5) Please send the tax forms up so we can have them filled in on Thursday.

>  
> 6) I talked to Paul and we think it would be a good idea to have a weekly 
> meeting with everyone - Paul, myself and one of you guys. We thought maybe 
> Saturday mornings at 9:00 would work? That way, the other two people 
> scheduled can take care of opening and we can go over what has happened and 
> what is coming up in the week. I think we are already dropping things and 
> that isn't good.

Once a week sounds good.  What things?  Uh-oh...

>  
> 7) Concession question - are we looking for a dorm fridge and some chips 
> for the Girl Scouts to stock that we will keep track of the money for it? I 
> think we nixed the vending machine idea and the Girl Scouts don't take care 
> of that anyway. Please let me know so Paul or I can take care of it. 

There is an old fridge in the McFadden house, believe it or not.  I am just 
not sure where to put the food concession.  Suggestions?

>  
> I will be leaving around 10 tomorrow morning - if you need to call, just ho
> ller before then. We'll be back in the evening on Wednesday. I'll be there 
> for Thursday from 9 - 1 and I told them in the cover letter they could 
> wander around and go through the buildings after that and also on the 
> weekend. 

I will be around as soon as I get back there (been up all night translating) 
and would welcome any that want to hang out.

>  
> Paul is going to do the lights and give Mark a tour guide key and let him 
> do the tour himself on Wednesday- is that okay?? Betsy - can you please 
> make sure that Mark's tour on Saturday morning at 10 is covered by someone? 
> They will just need to have the lights turned on and get the key to Mark. 
> Thanks! 

I will be there, God willing, on Wednesday and Saturday to follow Mark's 
tour.  And thank YOU!  :)
Elizabeth
>  
> Patty Finan
> 2740 Grindstone Road
> Port Austin MI 48467
> 989-738-6007
> 
>