Subject: Re: ads for rld
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:42:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/2004 7:28:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hi - I've made the changes to the ad and will send it in to the Tribune  
tonight. The projector has been reserved for the weekend for months. Are you  
doing anything other than hooking up a laptop to the projector? We have not  had 
any issues with that in the past but I can ask for the use of the  projector 
this weekend. I believe I asked for the projector on Thursday before  the event 
but I will confirm that when I call and ask for this weekend. 
 
Caro tent rentall will need a confirmation of the number of tables and  
chairs on the 27th.

Hi Patty,
 
Thank you for arranging for the projector!  I will only be hooking  up my 
laptop to the projector.  I will run the sound from the laptop  through the PA 
system.
 
I would like to do a tech rehearsal (to test equipment) this weekend,  
hopefully around the 3PM hour for lighting conditions, (and keeping the church  open 
for tours.)  I just want to make sure the slides show up okay at that  time 
of day.  I have a larger screen and also want to test out how the  slides look 
blown up large.  If we are better off with the smaller screen,  I want to know 
that in advance.  I will also see about any cables or  connections I may 
need.  I will not need any assistance from staff for this  as long as the PA is 
inside the Church for me.
 
I will be in Detroit July 26-28, returning on Thursday July 29.   Friday is 
the day I have to set up the church and see that the grounds are  ready.  
Friday is also "dress rehearsal" for the program in the  church.  Saturday AM will 
be taken up getting the musicians oriented and  the sound checks done.  Katy 
will be helping at the tent to get tables set  and so forth.  I hope I am 
feeling stronger, having put off chemo, and able  to really pitch in and get things 
done.
 
We will be using the blue backdrop curtains in the church, so I hope we  
remember where we put 'em, since we didn't use them last year.  Otherwise  the 
church setup is very simple, a chair, a few mics and voila!
 
Please prepare some remarks for lunchtime in the tent to talk about our  
accomplishments and needs at the museums, from your perspective.  Katy will  also 
say a few words about the foundation.
 
We should meet soon to coordinate, how about tomorrow afternoon?  Katy  is 
here til tomorrow evening.  I have a doctor appointment in the morning,  but 
should be finished well before noon.  I'll be in touch.
 
Thanks,
Betsy