Subject: RE: Rough Draft
From: "Dustin Turner" <[email-masked]>
To: "'JOYCE STANEK'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:15:45 -0500

I think we are clear on how the navigation and the "member directory" button
works.  Also I think I have an idea for the situation with creating a
separate page for each business.  The way the program works is you enter
only what info about the business that you want.  If this makes sense, it
would probably work out that everyone should have their contact info
entered, but the paying customers could have an entire write up and
description. Going along with that idea, it is not mandatory that everyone
has a link to their web page, but if they wanted to pay for one, you could
include it.

As far as clicking their link and it taking you out of the chambers web
page, I can look into the program, but it may be possible to have the
business pages open up in a separate window; this way people using your site
wouldn't be completely turned away when they decide to browse a businesses
web page.

Dustin

-----Original Message-----
From: JOYCE STANEK [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Rough Draft

Dustin,
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought that maybe that was how ilt was
set up, but just wanted to be sure. It was hard to tell with just two
pages to look at.
So - The scenario is: Click on "member directory" on the home page. that
takes you to a page that lists the "categories" (lodging, restaurants,
etc.). Then click on a category and it takes you to a list of all of the
businesses in that category. Click on a business name, and it goes to a
page for that business.
Yes, that is basically what we had in mind.

One of the things that the chamber hoped to do was generate a little bit
of money by offering some "extras" on the web site. One of those would
be the individual page that you created on a specific business. Every
member would have their name, address, phone included in their category.
But clicking on their business to go to a page with extra information
would be an extra small fee. Another charge was going to be to put a
link to the website of a business. (That in itself presents its own
problems,  in that you are letting people click totally out of your own
website, but that is a different issue.) 

Thanks!
Joyce

>>> "Dustin Turner" <[email-masked]> 03/07/05 6:01 PM >>>
Hi Joyce,

When the button "Member Directory" is clicked it will bring them into
the
phpMyDirectory program which is what I sent you a link to.  The first
thing
that will be displayed once in the program is a list of categories
(lodging,
dining, entertainment, etc...) from there they will choose a category
and be
presented with all the business in that category and will be able to get
info on those businesses.  I think this goes along with what you were
saying.

I hope that cleared up the navigation... if that is not going to work
let me
know and we can work on figuring something out.  I did send the home
page to
Casey and he liked it a lot, he said he was going to get some other
opinions
but would get back to me soon.

Thank you,
Dustin

-----Original Message-----
From: JOYCE STANEK [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 4:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Rough Draft

Dustin,
I like the home page.
I do have a question about what is called "Member Directory" which would
be a link on the home page.
Is clicking on that link going to take people to a list of members? A
list of categories (lodging, restaurants, etc.)? Or is if just going to
be like the page you sent me with the link? 
If that is the case - I'm not so sure if that is going to work well.
Most people who go to the site are not going to know the "names" of the
businesses they want to check out. If they are interested in looking for
a place to stay - they want to be able to click on "lodging" and get a
list of all of the places to stay. Then they can click on an individual
business to get more information.
Have you sent the home page to Casey yet? We were supposed to have a
chamber of commerce meeting tonight, but the weather turned bad a few
hours ago, so they've re-scheduled it.
thanks,
Joyce

>>> "Dustin Turner" <[email-masked]> 03/07/05 1:09 PM >>>
Hello,

Just thought I would let you know I'm back in town and I have something
put
together in rough form for you to take a look at.

First off, is the attached screen shot of the home page that I have put
together.  I tried to follow your criteria as close as possible and
think I
have come up with an attractive page.  I wasn't able to create the
navigation links exactly as you had planned but I think you will see
why,
once I show you how the software works.  So check out this screen shot,
it
is just an image, and not a functional page by any means.  The white
area in
the center is where the main content will be.  Having a boxed in theme
like
this is a great way to keep a clean look, but on the other hand it
doesn't
allow for a great deal of content since it won't be scrollable.

My idea is to use this template for the home, about us, contact us,
visitors
guide (which I believe we talked about being a downloadable pdf), and
the
photo gallery (which I would almost recommend a slide show for).

The rest of the site will lie within the software that we purchased. 
All of
the business directory as well as the events calendar will be arranged
within the software.  I have a very watered down demo of the software up
and
running for you to take a look at.  I put in a business just so you can
see
how it will work.  It is completely uncustomized and looks somewhat
bland as
of now; all of this will tie in with the theme of the rest of the site
later
on.

Here is a link to the demo
http://d9648335.m111.mywebsitehosting.net/listings/

I just want to make sure you are aware that using this software is
basically
going to create 2 areas of the site, one for general info and the other
for
the business directory and events, but both will link back and forth to
one
another with ease.

Again, this is a very rough mock up, and if you don't like the direction
it
is heading in, I have no problem going back to the drawing board for the
overall theme of things.  Just let me know your honest opinion, and if
you
like where we are headed I can get the final quote out to you for you to
sign off on and we can start filling the site up with content.

I know I probably just dropped a lot of information on you, and its
possible
I left something out so if you have any questions or concerns at all,
please
feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Dustin Turner
Point Blank Productions