Subject: PA chamber web info.
From: "JOYCE STANEK" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:56:48 -0500

TO EVERYONE - I am sending a copy of this email to others on the chamber
committee. Hopefully they will look at this and RESPOND about how they
think it should be organized. So - Lori, Casey, Patty & Michel - what do
you think?  Please read this email and let me know what you think.
Should we just have "Services" with a long list of all of the services.
Or have subgroups in the services category - which would mean an extra
"click" in the site? Please let me know asap so Dustin can get this
going!!!! - thanks, Joyce

Dustin,
Thanks for talking to Lori & me yesterday on the phone. I think it was
really helpful. And I think that we are all in agreement about the
structure/organization of the site. Lori contacted Justin about setting
up the new account - so hopefully you'll be able to get things set up
soon.

Lori and I divided up our list of "to do" items and are working on them
right now. 

Here is the info I said I would send to you:

The nav. buttons on the home page will be as follows (this is just a
confirmation, not a change) ---
Home
Attractions
Directory
Schedule of Events
Maps & Location
Photo Gallery
Visitor's Guide
Chamber Info.
Contact Us

CATEGORIES FOR ATTRACTIONS:
Beaches & Parks
Harbors & Boat Launches
Fishing & Hunting
Golf & Other Outdoor Activities
Lighthouses & Other Historical Sites
Museums, Art & Theatre

My understanding is that you are setting up the link on the home page
from attractions to "the list" - then we will be putting in the
remaining info., including photos.

Lori & I looked at the categories for the member directory, and thought
that it should probably be in alphabetical order (except civic/corporate
sponsors). However - we wonder if we should think about dividing up the
"services" category. Here is the list---

CATEGORIES FOR DIRECTORY:
Food & Dining
Lodging
Marinas & Fishing
Recreation & Entertainment
Shopping
Services
Corporate Sponsors
Civic Organizations

The "services" category is a large one that incorporates MANY subgroups
(12). The subgroups are as follows (with the number of businesses in
each):
Automotive -1
Banking/Financial -3
Communications -4
Community Planning & Engineering Consultants -1
Contractors/Home & Farm Suppliers -2
Health & Beauty -5
Insurance -2
Media -4
Printing/Promotions -2
Real Estate/Condos -7
Transportation -1
Trucking -1

If you think this might be too too overwhelming  - we could maybe
combine some. For example:
Automotive - Transportation - Trucking -3
Banking - Financial Services - Insurance -5
Communications - Media - Printing - Promotions -10
Community Planning/Engineering Consultants -1
Contractors - Home & Farm Suppliers 2
Health & Beauty -5
Real Estate - Condos 7

What do you think about this, Dustin? Because there are sooooooo many
businesses in the services category (33), do you think we should have
sub-categories? Or is a list of 33 services okay? If you think we should
divide them up into sub-categories - is our original 12 sub-groups okay
- or should some be combined like i did in the list right above this
paragraph? If only takes it down to 7 sub-categories when I combine
some. The 12 sub-categories are how we have them divided up in our
Visitor's Guide.

Speaking of the Visitor's Guide. I have the 3 pdf files - but I think
that Kathy made an additional correction at the printers when she was
doing the press check. I am waiting to hear from her about whether there
was a change or not. I should be able to send the files to you later
today.

I still have to finish writing the info for the home page. I hope to
have that to you today also.

Talk soon. If you have any other questions, just email me or Lori.
Thanks,
Joyce