Subject: Re: Apologies
From: Joyce Stanek <[email-masked]>
To: Rene Nichols <[email-masked]>
Cc: Patty and Mike Finan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:25:13 -0400

Rene,

I don't think the meeting was a waste of time. However, I would have 
preferred that the insurance issue had not even been brought up last 
night - since I think it created some unnecessary anxiety - and it was 
premature to discuss prior to the meeting with Tom Schmidt.

I also think that more thought needs to be put into some of the ideas 
for events. For instance - the 4 consecutive weeks of festivals in 
October. Assuming that these would each require a large tent rental, 
liquor licenses and liability insurance - not to mention 4 separate 
sets of entertainment - plus workers------well, you can see where I am 
going with this. I guess those are some of the issues that still need 
to be addressed. And maybe they were discussed during the time I was at 
the Harbor Comm. meeting?

Regardless - thank you for your efforts in trying to get some new 
events organized.

I didn't get a chance to mail out the "events form" to groups not 
represented at last night's meeting - but I will get it out tomorrow. 
Hopefully we'll get some responses back in the next few weeks - but I 
wouldn't hold my breath. I usually have to call some of the groups 
right after Christmas to beg for date/event confirmations to meet the 
Visitor Guide deadline.

Thanks,
Joyce

On Oct 25, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Rene Nichols wrote:

>  Joyce & Patty,
>   
>  Thank you both for attending last night.  I know you're both busy and 
> I appreciated your taking time to attend.
>   
>  My apologies for not getting to what we were supposed to be doing, 
> sharing ideas and combining events, which was my intent from the 
> beginning when I spoke at the Chamber meeting asking for chamber 
> support for an agressive program to bring more events to town.
>   
>  Regardless of what was said or not said, I take full responsibility 
> for wasting your time last night.
>   
>  Please forgive,
>   
>  Rene
>
> Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble 
> challenge with star power. Play Now!